Easy Apple Cinnamon Bread





Apples and cinnamon are a classic combination and this easy apple cinnamon bread is a nice treat for breakfast. Like most fruit breads, it tastes even better if you make it the day before and allow it to sit. The flavors meld into scrumptiousness!

You will need -

For the bread -
2 medium apples, peeled, cored, chopped (1 1/2 -2 cups)
1 stick of margarine, melted
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

For the topping -
2Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a small bowl
Mix the topping - 2Tbsp. sugar, and 1 tsp. cinnamon and set aside.

In a large bowl
Mix the margarine, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until well blended.

Stir in the chopped apples.

Sift in the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.

Stir until well mixed.

Spoon the batter into a greased and floured bread pan.

Sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar topping evenly onto the top of the batter.

Bake for 1 hour or until knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering what to do with a box of apples we just purchased from FFA. Great idea!

    Thank you for the kind words on my blog. I don't write for anyone but me and my sanity... and maybe my kids when they decide I'm not as dumb as they thought. ;-)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy the apple bread.

    And keep writing your blog; your kids will enjoy it someday. I have a few notes my Mom wrote that I found after she passed away and they are treasures to me. They are just simple notes about a trip we took together, a surprise birthday party the family gave her, a prayer and thanks to God for a beautiful day - I know she probably never thought when she wrote the notes that someday I would treasure them.

    ReplyDelete