Ten Things Before Breakfast
A couple of days ago I read something about how people have a tendency to focus on the negative things in their lives and not on the positive. I think that's probably true: the negative things seem to invade our thoughts like a fungus.
But while there are negative things in all our lives, there are positive things - good things, right things and things that really work. What if, just for a moment, we could all stop and think about the positive things?
This morning I decided to write down Ten Things Before Breakfast that were positive and I was happy about.
Can YOU come up with your own Ten Things Before Breakfast?
My Ten Things Before Breakfast:
1. I woke up. That's a great way to start the day!
2. I was warm.
3. I have my hubby and my cat with me.
4. I have a roof over my head.
5. I have indoor plumbing. That's something a lot of people take for granted, but I grew up in a house with no indoor plumbing and it wasn't pleasant. This morning there is snow on the ground here, and there is freezing drizzle coming down - you can just imagine what it would be like to have to go out to the outhouse on a day like this!
6.The coffeepot worked!
7. I had coffee. I just can't get moving in the morning without my cup of coffee.
8. The hot water heater worked, so I got to have a hot shower. Yes, I know this is related to Number 5 above, but after childhood years full of sponge baths, a hot shower is a nice luxury.
9. I had clean clothes to put on this morning.
10. I have several choices that I can have for breakfast this morning.
Maybe my list of Ten Things Before Breakfast doesn't seem like a lot - but when you stop and think about how many people in the world are cold, alone, without a roof over their head, without food, and without clean clothes, my ten things are things to be thankful for - and I am.
How about you? What are your Ten Things Before Breakfast?