National Oatmeal Month

January is National Oatmeal Month and according to statistics, we consume more oatmeal this month than any other month of the year.


4 Ways to Enjoy Your Oatmeal!


Cook Up A Bowl Of Oatmeal And Add Some Tasty Ingredients

I grew up eating oatmeal laced with white sugar and topped with butter and milk. The sight of a bowl of steaming oatmeal with little streaks of melted butter swirling on the milk takes me back to my childhood days. I get warm memories along with my hot cereal.

A bowl of oatmeal is also yummy paired with brown sugar, maple syrup, a little cinnamon, raisins or bananas.


Bake Cookies

Cookies aren't just for Christmastime!  Bake up a nice batch of Oatmeal Cookies. Add nuts and raisins to make them a hearty January treat to go with a glass of milk or a hot cup of coffee.



Oatmeal As A Meat Stretcher

Oatmeal works wonderfully in place of bread crumbs in recipes for meatloaf, meatballs or salisbury steak. That makes oatmeal a meat stretcher, and budget friendly!


Oatmeal As A Facial Scrub

Oatmeal is a great beauty product! Wet oatmeal with warm water and use as a facial scrub or body scrub.. Scrub lightly, and then rinse. This scrub gives you the benefits of fancy oatmeal soaps without the high cost!
*If you want your scrub to be more luxurious, add a little honey to the mix.

2 comments:

  1. FYI - I love to use a fistfull of Quick Oats in Pancake Batter. It makes for very rich, filling pancakes and amazing fritters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sound good! I might have to try that myself.

    ReplyDelete