Do you ever feel the need to clean out your "Favorites" internet links section? I know some people probably have all of their "Favorites" neatly organized in separate folders, but not me. I have a few favorite links sorted by topic, but the rest are just sort of jammed in there - links to recipes, news stories, places to visit.... A lot of things strike my fancy and they all seem to end up with links in my "Favorites." They are sort of organized in their disorganization! Near the top of the list, there are links to genealogy sites. Somewhere in the middle are some links to Sumerian literature. Along the bottom are some links to blogs. Between the top and the middle there are links to sites about earthquakes and solar activity....
But I have a problem when I try to declutter my "Favorites" - I get distracted by them. And end up keeping most of them! So since I can't seem to get rid of the links in my "Favorites," I thought I might share Five Favorites for Friday -
1. I love this post! This blog has not been updated in a long time, but I found this post and, of course, saved a link to it in my Favorites and I just have to go back and read it once in a while.
How To Fix The Economy Rural Style
2. I happened on this recipe some time ago and decided to give it a try. Yum! I did make my own pie crust for the recipe instead of using store bought, but the filling was wonderful. And you can make more than one version of the same basic pie!
Classic Chess Pie
3. I was one of those folks who got up early to watch Prince William marry Katherine Middleton, and I found this link on Youtube of the bridal procession. Lovely! And the music, "I Was Glad" is really beautiful. The lucky couple have been married for almost a year now, but I still like to watch and listen to this lovely video!
Royal Wedding 2011 - "I Was Glad" by Parry
4. I admit that I got interested in the game "Boggle" from watching the show "King of the Hill" and seeing Peggy Hill partaking in a Boggle tournament. I'd never played Boggle before, but when I found an online version at this site, I was hooked! If I start playing Boggle at this site, I will keep telling myself, "maybe just one more game" and next thing I know, I've been playing for two hours! It's addictive!
Fun With Words
5. I came across this site when I was googling something else one day and I think it's fascinating. It is about an ancient music tablet dating to the 13th century BC. Along with information about the tablet, the site also recreates what the music might've sounded like. Make sure you turn on your speakers and take a listen!
So that is my Five Favorites for Friday! Off now to declutter the rest of the list - or not!