It's Spring and the Battle Begins Part 4 - Yardwork

Yardwork

Real Women Use Chainsaws!

I'm busy every Spring with yardwork - trimming hedges, cutting down "junk trees" that grow like weeds, using weed killer on thistles and nasty climbing vines. But for my heavy duty work like cutting broken branches off of my fruit trees, or cutting up fallen branches, I use a chainsaw. Yes, real women use chainsaws!
Years ago one of my cousins spoke excitedly about how her husband had bought a chainsaw for her, and I laughed. I'm not laughing now! I have cut thick branches with a handsaw, but the older I get, the harder that job is becoming. A chainsaw cuts through a branch like it is butter, and it's a lot easier on my old muscles!

Do Your Research

I did my research before I purchased my chainsaw. My hubby liked the idea of a gas powered chainsaw, but they can be very heavy. Though dragging a cord around the yard is a nuisance, I chose an electric chainsaw because it was lighter in weight, and easier for me to handle - and since I was going to be the one using it.. .   

But the chainsaw I chose, a Poulan, was powerful enough for the type of cutting I'd be using it for.
If you want to buy a chainsaw - do your research. Chainsaws come in different sizes, and with different cutting capabilities.
And if you purchase an electric chainsaw, don't forget to buy heavy duty electric cords if you, or your hubby, don't have them already!

Safety!

If you use a chainsaw, make sure to wear long sleeves, long pants, gloves, and goggles! And if you have long hair, make sure to tie it back!
I also make sure my hubby is around when I'm using my chainsaw, just on the off chance I have a mishap; I wouldn't want him to come home and find me bloody down the hill somewhere!

Disclosure - Life At The Drafty Doublewide (Kathy!) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment