Tag! You're It!

Tracy at LogyExpress  tagged me and the other We're Not Mommy Bloggers in a meme!

 Spinal Tap 11 meme

Spinal Tap 11 Meme Rules:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them!


1. Why do you blog?
I used to write a lot when I was young but I'd been having writer's block. I thought a blog would be a good way to loosen up my writing muscles. And when I started the blog, I had an idea that I wanted to make it useful to people and I even had a motto - "entertain, educate, beautify, help." Sometimes I don't follow my own motto.

2. Do your friends/family/coworkers know about your blog?
My friends and family know about my blog but only a couple of them follow it.

3. How long does it take you to write an average blog post?
It takes anywhere from a couple of minutes to several hours for me to write a post - depending on if it's something simple like commenting on a fun link, or something I have to do research on. 

4. How do you keep up with the blogs you follow?
Some blogs that I follow I have in my Blogger Dashboard. Others I have in my favorites links and visit once in a while.


5. What is your bedtime?
I have about three bedtimes - when I fall asleep on the couch, when I wake up and go to bed, and after I've awakened in the middle of the night and got up for a while because I can't sleep.

6. Introvert or extrovert?
Introvert.

7. What is your biggest fear?
Being abandoned. And I've been left places by "loved ones" before!


8. What is the best job you ever had?
I worked a lot of years as a "Grower" at greenhouses/garden centers. It was hard work but I miss it sometimes - the earthy smell of the soil and growing plants, watching the plants bud and bloom. I was the "seed manager" at one time and was in charge of sowing the seeds and growing the seedings. Most of the seeds grown professionally aren't covered with soil when they are sown, so I got to watch the seeds crack, the first tiny root emerge, and the plant finally take hold and begin to grow leaves. It was like watching life develop.


9. Dog person/cat person/both/neither?
Cat person. At least my cat thinks so - she showed up at my house a flea-bitten, near-death stray and adopted me. She's been here now for 12 years.



10. Want kids someday/on the fence/don’t want kids (since I’m tagging a group called “Not Mommy Bloggers,” I’m assuming “have kids” isn’t a response option–see I’ve been a survey developer)?
I wanted kids, couldn't have kids, too late to have kids.  Now I'm trying to change my attitude from "childless" to "childfree."


11. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
If I have soft ice cream, I usually choose plain vanilla. If I have hard ice cream, I like the ice cream to have extras like chocolate chunks or peanut butter swirls. And I admit that I am still in mourning for Ben and Jerry's Cool Brittania.


Now I get to create 11 new questions!

1. Do you play games online? 
2. Do you like to vacation at the beach or in the mountains?
3. Would you rather have lunch with Oprah Winfrey or the Queen of England?
4. Do you love, hate or have a love/hate relationship with Facebook?
5. Do you ever get tv commercial jingles stuck in your head and find yourself singing or humming them?
6. What is your favorite food?
7. Do you like shopping for clothes?
8. Are you a coffee drinker, a tea drinker or neither?
9. What kind of music do you like?
10. If you had a fire at your home, what is the first thing, besides your family and pets, that you would grab to take with you?
11. How old are you? Under 30, 31-50, or 50 plus or you never admit your age.

We are supposed to tag 11 people - if you read this, you have been tagged!
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for playing! Your grower job sounds awesome, I think I'd enjoy doing something like that--creating something and caring for it. So different than what I do now...

    Sorry to hear about your childless-childfree struggle, I think it's a good reminder that "Not Mommy" means different things for different people, which was why I asked this question.

    Now to your questions!
    1. I used to play this game called Alchemy OBSESSIVELY. I was good at it and games started lasting way too long, so I quit. Now I like to play the Facebook version of Collapse.
    2. Yes! I don't say no to any vacation...but my last vacation was on the beach. We took our dog and it was so lovely.
    3. I'm more interested in the Queen, but she'd make me too nervous and I don't think we'd have a real conversation. So I'm saying Oprah.
    4. I love/hate Facebook.
    5. Oh my yes! I get jingles in my head all the time and it is a curse. I can still bring up the old Daisy sour cream commercial even though they changed it.
    6. ICE CREAM,
    7. I loathe clothes shopping. Even wrote a post about my worst ever shopping trip (friend said I looked pregnant).
    8. I like Panera's chai tea latte and Thai iced tea, but no coffee and I don't really like regular tea.
    9. I like several kinds of music. But I'm mostly a classic rock (60s-80s) kind of girl. My favorite group is the Police.
    10. My stuffed animal Funky.
    11. I'm 38.

    ReplyDelete