Money Saving Tip - Save Your Receipts

I recently learned a lesson that could have saved me some money:

When my coffee maker quit working a couple months ago, I bought a new "Mr. Coffee" Coffee Maker. "Mr. Coffee" has always been a reliable brand and I've purchased several "Mr. Coffee" Coffee Makers over the years and never had any problems with them. So, I didn't think twice about throwing away my receipt and the warranty information; I was looking forward to, and expecting months, if not years, of use from my "Mr. Coffee." But this time, it didn't happen. After only a few weeks, my "Mr. Coffee" Coffee Maker stopped working.
I set up my coffee, flipped the "on" switch, and nothing happened. I checked to make sure it was plugged in, I flipped the switch "on" and "off" a few times, and still, it wouldn't work. It didn't start brewing, the hot plate under the coffee pot didn't warm up, it simply didn't work!
Being on a budget, there wasn't money for another new "Mr. Coffee" Coffee Maker, so I had to buy an inexpensive coffee maker from the dollar store.

Lesson learned - save your receipts and your warranty information when you buy small appliances!



When the economy was better, I, like many other people, wouldn't have thought twice about just going and buying another new brand name coffee maker, but with the unstable economy, and many unemployed, even that extra 20 or 30 dollars in a household budget can make a difference!

If you are on a budget, remember:
  • 1. Don't assume you won't have a problem with an appliance just because it is a name brand.
  • 2. Save your receipts, even for small appliances
  • 3 Save and read your warranty information; some warranties require that you register your product in order to get it replaced or to have warranty covered service performed on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment