Cookies! Oatmeal Cookies Two Ways

(image source)
The temptation to bake holiday cookies overcame me and I had to bake a batch (yes, already!) - much to the delight of my hubby! I had all the ingredients I needed for oatmeal cookies, and also a few chocolate chips, so I decided to experiment and make oatmeal cookies two ways - oatmeal cinnamon, and oatmeal chocolate chip.

The recipe is a simple, basic oatmeal cookie recipe. I mixed the dough, and then divided it into two parts so I could flavor one half with cinnamon, and add chocolate chips to the other half.
I served the cookies warm from the oven with a glass of cold milk!

Oatmeal Cookies Two Ways

1 cup margarine (or you can use shortening)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 beaten eggs
1Tbsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
3 cups of oatmeal

1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cream margarine, brown sugar, and white sugar until creamy and well mixed.
Mix in eggs and vanilla. Beat until well blended.
Sift in flour, salt and baking soda. (I put the dry ingredients in a sieve and sift them right into the bowl.)
Mix until well blended.
Stir in oatmeal.

Divide dough into two portions. (I just spooned out about half of the dough into another bowl.)
To one portion, add 1 tsp. of cinnamon and mix well.
To the other portion, add 1 cup of chocolate chips and mix well.

Drop dough by tablespoonsful about two inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake at 350 degrees for 9-12 minutes until lightly browned.
Remove from oven and let sit for one minute before putting onto wire rack to cool.  
Serve up and enjoy!

Variations -
* add 1/2 cup of raisins to the oatmeal cinnamon dough
* instead of 1 cup of chocolate chips, you could add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans. Yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment