Favorite Bluegrass Christmas Songs

( Update! - I wrote this post last year and thought I would bump it! It is hard to believe that today is October 30th already - Christmas will be here before you know it! I admit that I have already been enjoying listening to Christmas music...)

I tuned the radio to my favorite station today and they have already started playing Christmas music 24/7 and it's not even Thanksgiving yet!
But, that is okay - I enjoy Christmas music and especially bluegrass Christmas songs. I grew up listening to the sounds of bluegrass and country music and during the holidays, the old songs bring back pleasant memories of my Mom and Dad, and "days of yore"!

I have discovered that with the help of MP3 downloads, I (and we!) can make our own playlist of Christmas favorites! I love that - you can choose just the songs you want instead of buying the whole album (that's an older folks version of CDs if any of you younger people are reading this!) and so you can save money by getting exactly what you want, or you can go completely overboard and buy a whole CD! Nice!

These are some of my favorite bluegrass Christmas songs and they are available for download at Amazon.
(The following are clickable links and there are song previews available!)

Old Fashioned Christmas by Jimmy Martin

It's Christmas Time by The Louvin Brothers

Christmas Time Back Home by The Country Gentlemen

Light Of The Stable by Emmylou Harris

This song I can't decide which version I like better - there is a version by Ralph Stanley that is wonderful, but the version by Larry Sparks is great, too! You decide! -

Beautiful Star Of Bethlehem by Ralph Stanley

Beautiful Star Of Bethlehem by Larry Sparks

What are some of your favorite Christmas songs? Is there one song that brings back memories of  "days of yore" for you, too? 













No comments:

Post a Comment