More Bluegrass Christmas Music

 I am already enjoying listening to some Christmas music and I love bluegrass Christmas music. Trying to find good bluegrass Christmas music can be tough, though. It seems there are a lot of banjo picking, dobro playing musicians out there who do Christmas music but the quality isn't always that great. I must have poked around Amazon for two hours trying to find some great bluegrass Christmas music and found a small collection.  It took some looking, but here are some songs that I found that you might also enjoy - ( if you click the link, you can listen to a preview and/or purchase the song as an MP3 download)



Oh Christmas Candle  by Doyle Lawson


It's Christmas Time also by Doyle Lawson and Quicksilver and as beautiful as you would expect!


Jingle Bells by Earl Scruggs. A bouncy and fun tune!


Let It Snow by Rhonda Vincent. I had the chance to see her and her wonderful band at the Gettysburg Bluegrass festival a few years back. This is a nice version of this song!


Sleigh Ride by Tony Trischka. This is foot-tapping good!


Christmas Is Near by Ralph Stanley. Nice song. No one sings 'em like Ralph Stanley!


Go Tell It On The Mountain by Larry Sparks. Another singer with a distinctive voice. This is a wonderful song, it always makes me want to sway, clap my hands, and sing along.


Silent Night by The Seldom Scene. When I listen to this, I can hear their hearts in the song. It's just really nice.


The First Noel/It Came Upon a Midnight Clear/Joy to the World by Doyle Lawson and Quicksilver.The wonderful harmonies of Doyle Lawson and Quicksilver makes this terrific medley of songs even more enjoyable!


Children Go by Ricky Skaggs. Not just a Christmas song, this is a catchy, easy-to-sing-along-to tune that will make you want to clap along with the music. The kids might really enjoy this one!

I hope that you find these songs enjoyable. If you discover some of your favorite Bluegrass Christmas songs, please feel free to post a comment and share!  

 A few more of my favorite bluegrass Christmas songs are in this post - "Favorite Bluegrass Christmas Songs" 





No comments:

Post a Comment